Friday, June 11, 2010

My Daughter and Death

I know that is a strange title, but you will understand after you read the post.

First off let me say that I am a mother of three wonderful children. I know alot of what I write is usually about Sarah, but I do love all of them equally. I just spend the most time with her. I promise I will post about my wonderful Cam'Ron and Aliyah soon.

Now on to Sarah and death. I have begun to think she has a fear of death. About a year ago, she started asking questions like when I get old will I still be her mommy, and I would say yes. She would then proceed to ask when I die will I still be her mommy, and again I would say yes. Then she would go on and ask the same about her daddy. So I thought this was enough. But recently she has begun to say things like, "i don't want to die," or "I don't want you to die mommy, cause you won't be my mommy anymore." this just breaks my heart. I don't want her to be worried about death; and I know that this is a phase that some kids go through, but I don't want her worrying herself into a tizzy. Well that's all I have today. If you have any ideas on what to say or do, please feel free to comment.

Lisha

No comments:

Post a Comment